MACHS Workshop on Completing June Homeschool Progress Reports
The Manitoba Public Schools Act requires that home educating families submit periodic progress reports to MB Education for a school year (Manitoba Education requests these in January and June).
Do you have questions on how to fill out the June homeschool progress reports?
Are you unsure about what to include?
MACHS hosted a free online workshop to help you complete June progress reports.
The workshop featured veteran homeschool parents along with MB Education homeschool liaison representatives.
We addressed questions like:
- What is required in a progress report?
- What about grades or marks?
- What about different homeschool methodologies or if I don’t use a specific curriculum, what do I put on the form?
- My student is struggling in a subject area, what should I write in the report?
- My child has some special learning needs and is at very different study levels in different subject, what do I do?
- I just started to homeschool, do I need to do a progress report?
We will also have an open question and discussion time where you can ask your questions.